Habibganj railway station in Bhopal is the first station of the country to be build in a Public-Private partnership. Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu is scheduled to launch the station redevelopment work today. The station is redeveloped so as to make it at par with a world class transit hub equipped with all the amenities for passengers. The project was undertaken as part of the railways’ plan to re-develop 400 A1 and A category railway stations.
Here is all you need to know:
- For a period of eight years, Bhopal-based Bansal Group has been given the responsibility of operations and maintenance.
- Bansal group has received four land parcels on a 45-year lease.
- The group will invest Rs 100 crore to overhaul the station, and around Rs 350 crore to develop four commercial land parcels adding up to 17,245 square metres. Read More…
Credit By: India
Latest posts by India (see all)
- Konkan Railway Corporation Limited To Recruit For 65 Posts - March 24, 2018
- India, UK Have Launched Projects To Achieve Clean Water, Energy: MoS Mahesh Sharma - March 23, 2018
- JSW Energy Appoints Sergio Luiz Pegoraro Rocha As COO - March 23, 2018