Habibganj railway station in Bhopal is the first station of the country to be build in a Public-Private partnership. Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu is scheduled to launch the station redevelopment work today. The station is redeveloped so as to make it at par with a world class transit hub equipped with all the amenities for passengers. The project was undertaken as part of the railways’ plan to re-develop 400 A1 and A category railway stations.
Here is all you need to know:
- For a period of eight years, Bhopal-based Bansal Group has been given the responsibility of operations and maintenance.
- Bansal group has received four land parcels on a 45-year lease.
- The group will invest Rs 100 crore to overhaul the station, and around Rs 350 crore to develop four commercial land parcels adding up to 17,245 square metres. Read More…
Credit By: India
Latest posts by India (see all)
- Climate Change Costs India More Than Rs 6400 Crores Every Year: Government – August 18, 2017
- Rajdhani Theft Case: 14 Railway Staff Members Suspended After Passengers Raised Suspicion – August 18, 2017
- Indian Railways To Observe ‘Rail Swachhta Pakhwada’ Cleanliness Drive From August 16 To 31 – August 16, 2017