The next time you book your tickets on premier trains like Rajdhani and Duronto, note this change. Catering services have been made optional in some trains. When you select the meal option at the time of booking tickets on IRCTC website, you get a new option: No Food. You also get the earlier options of Veg and Non-Veg food. The change has been made in view of the Railways making catering service optional in a few selected trains on a trial basis for six months from August 1, 2017, says a Press Trust of India report.
1) The catering charges shall be included in the ticket fare only in case passengers opt for catering services and excluded in case passengers do not require catering services.
2) Passengers opting out from the catering option will have to pay less as compared to those opting for pre-booked meals. According to the IRCTC website, a Second AC ticket on Delhi-Mumbai Rajdhani Express (Delhi to Mumbai) for travel date of November 30 costs Rs. 2,590 without catering option and Rs. 2,865 with food option. Read More…
Credit By: NDTV
Latest posts by NDTV (see all)
- Government Clears Opening Up Of Commercial Coal Mining To Private Firms - February 20, 2018
- Clean Loo, Clean Linen; Rajdhani Express’ Image Makeover Under “Operation Swarn” - February 14, 2018
- 10 Interesting Facts About Union Budget Of India - January 30, 2018