As the year draws to an end, EnergyInfraPost.com takes a close look at the year round initiatives and achievements of the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy.
India is marching fast in its mission to add Green Power capacity in its existing portfolio of power capacity addition from various sources.
A total of 7,518 MW of grid-connected power generation capacity from renewable energy sources has been added so far this year (January 2016 to October 2016) in the country.A total of 7060 MW of grid-connected power generation capacity from renewable energy sources like solar (3019 MW) and wind (3423 MW), Small Hydro Power (218 MW), Bio-Power (400 MW) has been added during 2015-16 in the country against target of 4,460 MW.During 2016-17, a total 3575 MW capacity has been added till 31.10.2016, making cumulative achievement 46,327 MW.
Sector-wise highlights :
- Largest ever wind power capacity addition of 3423 MW in 2015-16 exceeding target by 43%. During 2016-17, a total 1502 MW capacity has been added till 31.10.2016, making cumulative achievement 28,279 MW. Now, in terms of wind power installed capacity India is globally placed at 4th position after China, USA and Germany.
- Biggest ever solar power capacity addition of 3,019 MW in 2015-16 exceeding target by 116%. During 2016-17, a total 1750 MW capacity has been added till 31.10.2016, making cumulative achievement 8728 MW.
- 31,472 Solar Pumps installed in 2015-16, higher than total number of pumps installed during last 24 years i.e. since beginning of the programme in 1991. So far, 92305 Solar Pump have been installed in the Country as on 31.10.2016.
- Solar projects of capacity 20,904 MW were tendered in 2015-16. Of these, 11,209 MW capacity already awarded.
- A capacity addition of 0.53 GW has been added under Grid Connected Renewable Power since last two and half years from Small Hydro Power plants.
- Biomass power includes installations from biomass combustion, biomass gasification and bagasse co-generation.During 2016-17, against a target of 400 MW, 51 MW installations of biomass power plants has been achieved making a cumulative achievement to 4882 MW.
- Family Type Biogas Plants mainly for rural and semi-urban households are set up under the National Biogas and Manure Management Programme (NBMMP). During 2016-17, against a target of 1.00 lakh biogas plants, 0.26 lakh biogas plants installations has been achieved making a cumulative achievement to 49.35 lakh biogas plants as on 31.10.2016.
Programme/ Scheme wise Achievements in Year 2016 (January- October 2016)
|Sector||Achievement (January- October 2016)||Cumulative Achievements as on 31.10.2016|
|I. GRID-INTERACTIVE POWER (CAPACITIES IN MW)|
|Small Hydro Power||146.47||4323.37|
|BioPower (Biomass & Gasification and Bagasse Cogeneration)||331.78||4882.33|
|Waste to Power||7.50||114.08|
|II. OFF-GRID/ CAPTIVE POWER (CAPACITIES IN MWEQ)|
|Waste to Energy||14.61||161.12|
|Water mills/micro hydel||1.60||18.81|
|III. OTHER RENEWABLE ENERGY SYSTEMS|
|Family Biogas Plants (in Lakhs)||1.014||49.354|
Latest posts by Team EnergyInfraPost (see all)
- Buoyed By Resolution of Tax Dispute, IOC Plans Additional Investment of Rs 52K crore In Paradip Refinery – August 21, 2017
- Mediterranean Region On Verge Of Becoming Gas Producing Hub – August 21, 2017
- Shell Loads Its First Cargo Of Libyan Crude In 5 Years – August 21, 2017